Male (Maldives) just photos
Rome just photos
Consult the list of banned airlines in Eurpean Union
The EU Air Safety List
To consult the list of banned airlines, you can download the full list of banned airlinesSearch for available translations of the preceding link or search on this website by clicking on the button ‘Search banned airlines’.
The EU Air Safety List actually contains two lists. The first list (Annex A) includes all airlines banned from operating in Europe. The second list (Annex B) includes airlines that are restricted from operating under certain conditions in Europe. Both lists are updated regularly and published in the Official Journal of the European Union. Before taking any action based on the information in these lists, all users should ensure they have the latest version.
- The EU Safety List (i.e. “Community list of air carriers which are subject to an operating ban within the Community”) is a list of airlines which the European Commission, pursuant to Regulation (EC) No 2111/2005 of the European Parliament and the Council of 14 December 2005 on the establishment of a Community list of air carriers subject to an operating ban within the Community and on informing air transport passengers of the identity of the operating air carrier and on the basis of the advice of the EU Air Safety Committee, decided to subject to either a complete or a partial operating ban within the European Union, for failure to adhere to the applicable international safety standards.
- Maximum effort has been made to verify the exact identity of all airlines in the EU Safety List, including through the introduction, if known, of the specific unique letter codes assigned to each airline by the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO), of the State of certification and of the air operator certificate (or operating licence) number.
- Nonetheless, complete verification has not been possible in all cases, owing for example to a lack of information surrounding some airlines that might be operating on the border of, or altogether outside, the recognised international aviation regime. It can therefore not be excluded that there might be airlines which are not banned, but happen to operate under the same trading name as an airline included in the EU Safety List.
- Also, the Commission does not necessarily know the name and other details of each airline that is certified by a country of which all the airlines are subject to an operating ban. Although the name of such airline, unknown to the Commission, will not figure on the EU Safety List, it is nevertheless banned from operating within the European Union because of the ban on all airlines registered in that country.
- Airlines subjected to an operating ban could be permitted to operate within the European Union by using wet-leased aircraft of an airline which is not subject to an operating ban, provided that the relevant safety standards are complied with. The aircraft being used in such operations could be branded as if it belonged to the fleet of the banned airline.
Cambodia is better than you expect.
You will be very impressed by the hotels and services you will find in Cambodia considering that not so long a go this country was the site of one of the most terrible conflicts with millions of victims.
Nowadays the country is safe and fast developing as a major tourist destination in SW Asia.
The main attraction is the ancient city of Angkor Wat a temple complex and one of the largest religious monuments in the world, on a site measuring 162.6 hectares. Originally constructed as a Hindu temple dedicated to the god Vishnu for the Khmer Empire, it was gradually transformed into a Buddhist temple towards the end of the 12th century and nowadays is probably one of the most visited world heritage site in Asia.
To get a sense of the place you need some 4-5 days and at least 3 local tours of about a day each.
Food is delicious and tasty everywhere, in restaurants for tourist you pay some 4-7$ per dish and on street stands 1.5-3$. Beers are 0.5-1$ and cocktails 3-7$
Massages are very cheep, a one hour foot massage you will pay 4-7$ and hole body 15-20 depending on the place.
Renting a car with a driver and a guide will cost 80-120 USD a day permit excluded but you can get around for much less with a Tuk-Tuk for about 25$ a day.
The permit for Angkor Wat temple complex is 62$ for 3 days.
In my quest to visit every country in the world Cambodia was no 80. Here are some pictures for you
Singapore you’re hub to Asia
Turing SW Asia you will most likely stop several times in this amazing city. I love to spend couple of days here whenever opportunity arises.
Incredible tasty and diverse food from all over Asia, Brands shopping, good night life and lots of things to see and do.
Out of season decent 3-4 stars hotels will cost you some 50 USD and 5 star will set u back some 100 or more as a base line. Don’t be worried about distance as long the place is near a metro station. Chinatown is a grate place for affordable but central hotels.
From airport to the center metro is easy, fast and very cheap at only 2.5 $/trip so don’t hesitate.
Eating like a local in Hawker Centers or low cost restaurants will cost you some 6 -12 $ compare to 25-40$ or more in the touristic places.
Alcohol is very expensive in Singapore a beer is 7-12 $ and a cocktail or glass of wine is some 12-20$
From Singapore you can find lots of great deals for flights to SW Asia and Australia.
Have e look at the photos below to get a flavor
Haiti a place with a story to tell!
The place today si a sad story never the least one that is worth discovering.
Haiti was the first independent nation in Latin America from 1804 where taking advantage of the France revolution they manage to abolish slavery and declare independence.
From that era they inherited a impressing fortress outside the Cap Haitien named Citadelle Laferrière together with an impressive arsenal of canons.
The country is today the poorest in the Northern hemisphere and one of the purest in the world.
The city’s are very dirty and most modern facilities don’t exist, the very few hotels and restaurants that maybe safe for a traveler are rare and very expensive.
Security is an important issue for backpacks or individual travelers and is not recommended.
For a good 3 star hotel expect to pay about 200 USD the currency of choice in Haiti.
A decent lunch in a safe restaurant is 15-20 USD per person and renting a car with a driver 100-200 USD a day.
If you want to have a safe trip and good guide and services you can contact Christina Blot a native Haitian, she has a small travel agency in Dominicana Republic and is a specialist in Haitian trips. Her mobile is +1 829 943 3424 available on WhatsApp to.
Bruxelles the capital of chocolates
You thought Bruxelles is the captal of Belgium or of the European Union, it may be but to me looks like is the capital of Chocolate.
The city ia small and easy to visit walking or using the public transport.
The center of the town is a plaza with beautiful medieval buildings and small streets with lost of shops and restaurants.
Most of the shops you will see are chocolate shops so get ready to increase your blood sugar to insane levels.
Hotels are everywhere and of all kinds so accommodation is not a problem for bugets starting at 35€/night
Here are some pictures for you to enjoy
Bangladesh the one and only
This is an out of beaten track trip i made with a good friend few months a go.
We didn’t know what to expect and most of the very few information for tourists we found on Bangladesh wore distressing but never the less we went for it.
Once we got to Bangladesh we descovered a beautiful, colorful and unique place. Yes, is poor and dirty but the people of Bangladesh compensated everything.
With vitualy no turism most of the people of Bangladesh never so a living white man on the street so expect to be asked by young people for a selfy quite often.
Everywhere we went we been welcomed and enjoyed.
If your a group or your not on a tight budget consider the services of a guide and you will save lots of time. We pay for a day in Dhaka some 20$ and for 2 day trip in the country side with a nice modern car and a driver + the guide 140$
We highly recommend Ahsan Manzil our guide in Bangladesh, his phone is 01674324243.
Here are some pictures:
The Royal Mews in London
So, if you’re in London in winter and want to visit Buckingham Palace you’re out of luck since palace is closed from 1 of September till 21 July.
In this situation the best next thing is the Royal Mews, located some 300 m from palace gates as you face the palace to the left.
The Royal Mews at Buckingham Palace is responsible for all the road travel arrangements for The Queen and members of the Royal Family.
Tickets are 11£ per adult and 6.40£ for under 17 and 10£ for students and is open from Monday to Saturday 10 to 16
You need about 30-60 minuets to visit the place depending how crowded is. You will see some of the horses, the coaches and cars the Queen uses.
Have a look at the pictures I’ve made here.